Low Carb Shake Buy Now
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
This simple alfredo sauce can be prepared in under 30 minutes, and it goes great with a low-carb pasta, such as shirataki noodles. It also makes a great topping for chicken, fish or vegetables, such as broccoli. By itself, one cup yields a 3.3:1 fat to net carb plus protein ratio. The recipe can easily be cut in half to prepare four servings versus eight.
- 2 sticks butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups Gruyere or White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- pinch of salt and pepper
Note: It is always preferential to use grass-fed dairy products, as well as Himalayan salt.
- In a large pot, melt the butter at medium-high heat and add the garlic. Simmer the garlic for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a spoon until soft but before it browns.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and increase the heat to high. Once it begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in cheeses until fully incorporated and sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Yield: 8 (1 cup) servings