Bacon Deviled Eggs
Low Carb Shake Buy Now
Who doesn’t love deviled eggs? And we know everyone loves bacon! So we’re combining them for an awesome keto-friendly snack. Our Bacon Deviled Eggs are also a big hit as an appetizer at an office party or a potluck.
- 3 slices bacon
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- dash hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (plus more for garnish)
- Slice the bacon into thin pieces and put into a pan. Put on the stove at medium-low heat. Cook slowly, stirring often until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the eggs and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the eggs for 12 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pot and put into a bowl of ice water. Let the eggs sit in the ice bath for 10-15 minutes until cooled. Peel the eggs, slice in half and remove the yolks into a separate bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together with the egg yolks, along with 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Lay the egg white halves onto a serving platter. Put a couple of pieces of bacon in the bottom of the egg white halves. Put the egg yolk mixture into a piping bag or a Ziploc bag with the bottom corner cut off.
- Pipe the mixture into the egg white halves and top each with remaining pieces of bacon. Sprinkle with a little paprika to garnish.
- Yield: 6