Bacon Deviled Eggs
Transform Yourself in 30 Days
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
Who doesn’t love deviled eggs? And we know everyone loves bacon! So we’re combining them for an awesome keto-friendly snack. Our Bacon Deviled Eggs are also a big hit as an appetizer at an office party or a potluck.
- 3 slices bacon
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- dash hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (plus more for garnish)
- Slice the bacon into thin pieces and put into a pan. Put on the stove at medium-low heat. Cook slowly, stirring often until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the eggs and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the eggs for 12 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pot and put into a bowl of ice water. Let the eggs sit in the ice bath for 10-15 minutes until cooled. Peel the eggs, slice in half and remove the yolks into a separate bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together with the egg yolks, along with 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Lay the egg white halves onto a serving platter. Put a couple of pieces of bacon in the bottom of the egg white halves. Put the egg yolk mixture into a piping bag or a Ziploc bag with the bottom corner cut off.
- Pipe the mixture into the egg white halves and top each with remaining pieces of bacon. Sprinkle with a little paprika to garnish.
- Yield: 6