Green Egg Omelet
Low Carb Shake Buy Now
This recipe is a different take on the classic omelet. Instead of sautéing the greens, blend them with the eggs to get a green consistency throughout. The texture of the omelet is slightly different, but in a good way. Plus, the nutrients in the vegetables hold up better when cooked this way, as they are not destroyed by the direct heat of the pan. Prepare this at any time of the day to get a healthy serving of greens. The recipe makes one large serving, but it can easily be split into two.
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup chopped kale, stems removed
- ½ cup spinach
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bacon, already cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon feta or goat cheese
- In a blender, combine eggs, kale, spinach, salt, pepper and garlic powder; blend until smooth.
- In an omelet pan, heat the oil and butter at medium heat. Once the oil/butter are hot, add the egg and leafy green vegetable mixture, along with the chopped bacon. Cook the eggs as you would with scrambled eggs until it begins to set. Flip omelet to cook through on the other side. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and fold the omelet in half.
- Yield: 1