Instant Pot Keto Chicken Wings
This recipe is as delicious as it is easy. It is perfect for an Instant Pot novice and makes an excellent addition to a weeknight meal or weekend party. As an added bonus, you can save the leftover chicken stock for a future recipe. This recipe is keto, grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Try it with Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus on the side.
If you make this recipe, be sure to post a photo on Instagram and tag @ketologic!
Featured Ingredients Include:
- Chicken Wings
- Hot Sauce
This Recipe Makes Chicken Wings That Are:
- Savory and spicy: the keto hot sauce gives the wings a nice kick and will delight your taste buds
- Super tender: these chicken wings will be fall-off-the-bone tender when they come out of the Instant Pot
- Carb-free: there are no carbs in this recipe! None at all. So this is one of the most keto-friendly dishes you can make.
Top Three Health Benefits of This Recipe :
- Protein rich: Chicken wings can provide 5 to 9 grams of protein per wing.
- High in B vitamins: Chicken wings are a good source of vitamin B6, which supports brain function and enhances blood circulation.
- Rich in minerals: Chicken wings are considered dark meat, which contains more vitamins and minerals than white meat (chicken breast). Dark meat chicken is a better source of iron, zinc, selenium, and phosphorus.
These keto chicken wings work beyond a weeknight dinner. You can also bring them to potlucks or serve them at a party, for example, your next Super Bowl party!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 3/4 cup low-carb hot sauce (We love Cholula Hot Sauce!)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- 2 cups water
- Spray oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Place a stainless steam rack or steam basket in the bottom of the Instant Pot, along with 2 cups of water. Stack chicken wings onto rack.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam-release nozzle to the sealing position. Select MANUAL with a cook time of 12 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, set the oven broiler to high and position the oven rack to be 3-4 inches from the top of the oven.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly spray with oil.
- Combine melted butter and hot sauce with a whisk.
- When cook time is complete, press CANCEL and quick-release the pressure. Using tongs, dredge each piece of chicken in butter/hot sauce mixture and place on sheet pan in a single layer. Reserve any leftover hot sauce. (see note)
- Broil the wings on high until they have a nice golden color, about 5 minutes. Flip wings over and broil the other side for another 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn. Remove from oven and brush with additional hot sauce if desired.
- Transfer chicken wings to a serving dish and garnish with chopped green onions.
Note: You can save the leftover chicken stock from the bottom of the Instant Pot. Store in the freezer for a future recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5
Submit your review