Low Carb Shake Buy Now
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
This kale salad recipe is a great addition to a ketogenic diet. Most people on a low-carb/high-fat diet struggle to get a sufficient balance of nutrients. This nutrient-dense salad offers a great source of fiber, minerals and vitamins, such as vitamins A, C and K, while staying low on the glycemic index. Pair this with a low-carb/high-protein entrée, such as our Prime Rib or Parmesan-Encrusted Halibut recipe for a meal that falls very close into the ideal 75/5/20 percent range.
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 bunch chopped kale, stems removed
- ½ apple, cored and diced or thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded radish
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked and diced
- To prepare the vinaigrette, simply puree all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Next, put the salad ingredients in a bowl and add the lemon juice, olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together well while lightly massaging the lemon juice and olive oil into the kale.
- Then, top with the Parmesan and drizzle with the dressing. Toss well and allow to marinade for at least a few minutes before serving. Garnish with the feta cheese and cooked bacon.
- Yield: 8