Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
Warm, gooey, and filling, this keto cheeseburger casserole recipe tastes just like a regular burger with only a fraction of the carbs.
Instead of putting the burgers on buns, we use high-fat and high-protein ingredients like grass-fed beef, cream cheese, eggs, and cheddar cheese. Then we top it with bacon and put it in the oven for 30 minutes!
Out of all the yummy ingredients in this recipe, though, the kicker has to be the KetoLogic Keto Crisps. Made with 100% real cheddar, these delicious morsels help give this burger casserole a savory crunch that can’t be replicated by French fried onions or any other traditional topping.
One you have these cheese crumbles on top, you won’t want to go back to any other topping.
Give this keto cheeseburger casserole recipe a try. It’s the perfect fusion of yummy ingredients and convenient preparation. We know you’re going to love it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Grass-fed ground beef
- Cream cheese
- Sugar-free ketchup
- Cheddar cheese
- KetoLogic Keto Crisps
Tips for Cutting Carbs in Casserole Recipes
Most people don’t realize that casseroles are an effective way to cut carbs.
But since most people think of casseroles as dishes involving pasta or other starches, you have to think creatively. Here are some ways you can do that:
- Lead with high-fat ingredients: This low-carb casserole calls for some ingredients (like sour cream) that aren’t typically found in casseroles. But these are great ways to create the same creamy texture most casserole dishes have. So when in doubt, use fat!
- Load up on cheese: Cheese is an especially good binder, and it’s loaded with protein and fat, so it’s completely low-carb friendly. Here’s a general rule of thumb for keeping a casserole low-carb: the cheesier, the better!
- Up the protein and veggies: You can get the same amount of “bulk” in your casserole by adding more meat and low-carb veggies like onions, peppers, or greens to the dish.
- Use almond flour: Almond flour is a great baking substitute for traditional flour. It helps bind ingredients, make doughs, and thicken foods with a fraction of the carbs of all-purpose flour.
By the way, this keto cheeseburger casserole cuts out about 30g of carbs per burger. Without a bun, you can drastically reduce the carb count !
Keto-Friendly Ways to Customize This Recipe
Want to customize this low-carb keto cheeseburger casserole? Here are some ways to do that:
- Add other low-carb veggies: Zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, and riced cauliflower are all great options. And they’re a great way to get more vitamins and minerals!
- Use ground turkey or ground chicken: Since these are leaner protein sources, using turkey or chicken is a great excuse to add more bacon!
- Serve with sliced avocados or guacamole: Need we say more?
- Use different cheeses: Combine three different cheeses or choose something that isn’t cheddar!
- Mix up the spices: You can easily convert this low-carb casserole recipe into a Mexican-style taco casserole with chili powder and cumin. Or adding dill and lemon juice to make it Greek-inspired. Experiment with your favorite spices!
With all these options, you can make and remake this low-carb casserole dish many times without ever having the same thing twice.
Other Keto Casserole Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
Submit your review
- ½ pound bacon, diced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef (85/15)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup pickles, chopped
- 1 bag (1.75oz) KetoLogic Keto Crisps, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the diced bacon, stirring frequently, until crispy and cooked. Remove bacon to paper towel-lined plate. Drain the grease.
- Brown the ground beef in the same skillet.
- Add the onion, garlic and garlic powder to the skillet. Saute with beef until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the cream cheese, ketchup, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir until combined 1-2 minutes.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish. Pour the beef mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Top with the bacon.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy cream until combined. Pour over beef and bacon.
- Top the pan with shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden on top. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve each piece topped with chopped pickles and crushed Keto Crisps.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
Submit your review