Recipe by Brandon McDearis
A legitimate keto chili can be challenging to develop. More often than not, the protein gets a little out of control in its ratio to fat, and the net carbs are also unusually high in most chili recipes. However, we have concocted a keto chili recipe that fits into (or very close to) the ideal macronutrient range. This chili is easy enough to prepare for a beginner cook to prepare, and the flavor of the finished product is superb! It’s delicious garnished with KetoLogic Keto Crisps just before serving. You get the best of both worlds when some of the cheese crisps starts melting, while the top stays crunchy!
*This recipe is: keto, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, no added sugar*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground beef (80% lean/20% fat)
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1-2 cups water
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 ripe avocados, diced
- KetoLogic Keto Crisps (optional garnish)
- Green onions, sliced (optional garnish)
- Cilantro, chopped (optional garnish)
- Jalapeños, diced (optional garnish)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional garnish)
- Sour cream (optional garnish)
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil at medium-high heat. Add the onion and green pepper, and stir for about 3-4 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add the ground beef and ground Italian sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Stir continuously until meat is browned.
- Add all the spices, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste, and stir together until thoroughly combined. Add 1-2 cups of water depending on desired thickness.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Check seasoning.
- Top each bowl with half of a chopped avocado and serve.
- Garnish with Keto Crisps, cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, or jalapeños, if desired.
- Yield: 8