Keto Chocolate Cupcakes with Low-Carb Chocolate Frosting
Bet you thought you’d have to give up chocolate cupcakes on keto, huh? Or maybe you’re concerned keto cupcakes just won’t taste good. Well, we have you covered on both fronts.
These keto chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting will satisfy your sweet tooth and chocolate craving with each delicious and decadent bite.
And if that’s not enough, these keto cupcakes are also healthy. Yes, that’s right. The cocoa powder, almond flour, eggs, and coconut oil all come with health benefits. So you can enjoy these knowing you won’t get knocked out of ketosis, your weight loss efforts won’t get sidetracked, and your immune system will get a nice little boost.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Almond flour
- Cocoa powder
- Unsweetened chocolate
- KetoLogic Erythritol
- Baking powder
- Coconut oil
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Vanilla extract
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s full of chocolate. Enough said.
- It’s a delicious comfort food dessert without the heavy carbs.
- It has healthy ingredients that support ketosis and weight management.
Cocoa powder: Cocoa is a rich source of polyphenols, a naturally occurring antioxidant found in chocolate. It has anti-inflammatory and cancer-protective properties and is linked to various health benefits, including improved cholesterol levels, reduced blood pressure, and lowered risk of heart disease .
Almond flour: Rich in vitamin E and magnesium, almond flour can help control blood sugar and may lower blood pressure and “bad” LDL cholesterol. Almond flour is gluten-free and is a great low-carb high-fiber substitute for all-purpose wheat flour .
Coconut oil: This oil is popular on the keto diet because it contains medium-chain triglycerides. MCT oil is quickly absorbed by the body and turned into ketones, which provide immediate fuel to the brain and body. MCT oil consumption can help support ketosis and promote weight loss .
Eggs: As a superfood, eggs are one of the best things you can eat on the keto diet. They’re a great source of protein and fat, and contain all the essential amino acids needed by people to function at their best . Eating eggs can support heart health, eye health, and a healthy weight . Plus, they’re delicious, versatile, and can be used to make delicious keto desserts like this one!
Other Keto Dessert Recipes You May Like
Keto Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- Cupcakes: ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup KetoLogic Erythritol
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Frosting: 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup KetoLogic Erythritol
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream butter and erythritol together.
- Add almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Beat for another minute until well blended.
- Divide evenly among ten cupcake liners.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick or fork. Allow muffins to cool completely before frosting.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat heating process until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Add erythritol and cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate and vanilla extract and mix another minute until smooth.
- Add the heavy whipping cream 2 tablespoons at a time until you get the consistency you desire.
- Frost each cupcake with about 2½ tablespoons of frosting.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10
Submit your review