Cheese-Breaded Keto Fried Chicken with Hollandaise Sauce
This crunchy cheese-breaded keto fried chicken recipe is simple, delicious, and satisfies carb cravings. It uses low carb cheese crisps as the breading material so you don’t get kicked out of ketosis. This meal is designed to fit your macros and uses a creamy, lemony Hollandaise sauce that perfectly complements the crispy chicken.
This Keto Fried Chicken Recipe Is:
- A low carb version of fried chicken
- A keto-friendly comfort food
- Crispy and delicious
This Recipe Uses:
- KetoLogic Keto Crisps (a crispy cheese snack)
- Chicken thighs
- Lemon juice
- Avocado oil
Top 3 Health Benefits of This Recipe:
- Enhances satiation: the high-quality fats from the cheese crisps, eggs, butter, and avocado oil will curb your cravings and keep you satiated for hours.
- Supports heart health: avocado oil has many health benefits because it contains oleic acid, a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. Studies have shown that avocado oil can reduce cholesterol and improve heart health[*].
- Great source of nutrients: eggs are loaded with nutrients and considered a superfood. They contain all the essential amino acids plus many vitamins and minerals to support healthy eating[*]. Egg consumption is also associated with improving heart and eye health.
Submit your review
- 1.75-ounce bag KetoLogic Keto Crisps, crushed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon cold water
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- Fried Chicken: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Place crushed Keto Crisps in a shallow dish.
- Place egg and cold water in another shallow dish and mix with a fork to make an egg wash.
- Dip each chicken thigh in the egg wash, then in the cheese crisps, pressing to make sure the chicken is completely covered with crisps.
- Place “breaded” chicken thighs on sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Hollandaise Sauce: Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Place on double boiler over low heat and whisk until thickened.
- Slowly pour in butter while whisking continuously.
- Slowly pour in avocado oil and continue whisking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You can also add spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper if desired.
- To serve, top one piece of fried chicken with 3 tablespoons Hollandaise sauce.
Nutrition Facts (for one fried chicken thigh, no sauce)
- Calories: 296 kcal
- Fat: 17.8g
- Protein: 34g
- Carbs: <1g
- Fiber: <1g
- Net Carbs: <1g
- Fat: 54%
- Protein: 46%
- Carbs: <1%
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
Submit your review