Fresh Ginger Keto Lemonade
There’s nothing better than a cold refreshing glass of lemonade on a hot summer day.
Problem is, one glass of a store-bought lemonade has 29 grams of sugar/carbs in it—more than half your daily carbs if you’re on the keto diet !
Sure, you could make it from scratch, but anyone that’s ever seen someone make homemade lemonade knows there’s lots of sugar in that, too. You might be able to reduce the carbs a little, but not by much.
It’s for those reasons that we set out to create this delicious, refreshing keto lemonade recipe.
And instead of sugar, you’re getting tons of antioxidants, vitamins, and electrolytes (plus ketones!)—with zero grams of net carbs. (Nope, that’s not a typo.)
Next time the sun is shining (or even when you need something a little sweet), give this lemonade recipe a try!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Top 3 Health Benefits
Here are three ways this keto lemonade recipe can seriously benefit your health.
1. Enhances Immune Health
Two of the main ingredients in this keto lemonade — fresh lemon and ginger — are both incredibly good for your immune system.
(We’ll talk more about the benefits of ginger later on.)
2. Supports Weight Loss
This keto lemonade recipe supports weight loss in three different ways:
- Compounds in ginger called gingerols can help you lose weight and improve blood markers like cholesterol .
- KetoLogic BHB, an exogenous ketone supplement, helps you get into ketosis faster. When you’re in ketosis, your body burns fat as a fuel source instead of sugar. It’s proven to boost your metabolism and can be very effective for weight loss .
- Last but not least, it’s what’s not in the drink that can help with weight loss—because if there’s one dietary culprit that will knock you out of ketosis, it’s sugar. But there isn’t any in this keto lemonade—only KetoLogic Erythritol, a natural sugar-free sweetener with zero calories!
You can enjoy this refreshing summer drink knowing you’re doing something to work toward your weight loss goals!
3. Boosts Energy
Two ingredients in this low-carb drink will give you a nice energy boost:
- Lemons (any citrus fruits, actually) contain powerful natural metabolites that help give you energy .
- KetoLogic BHB is packed with electrolytes, which help replace what you lose from sweat and exercise and ensure that your cells are functioning at their best. It’s also critical when you’re first starting out on keto and your body sheds water via urination due to reduced carb consumption.
BHB comes in multiple flavors, so you can experiment to find your favorite flavor combination. Then sit back and enjoy the energy kick from this keto lemonade!
Ingredient Spotlight: Ginger
Science is finally catching up to the powerful health benefits of ginger. (Believe it or not, this root has been used for thousands of years to enhance health and immunity.)
Here are some of the benefits of adding fresh ginger to your keto lemonade:
- Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that reduce the effects of aging and can reduce your risk of diseases like cancer and type 2 diabetes . It’s one of the best foods you can eat to boost your immune health.
- Contains gingerols, which can help support weight loss.
- Has been shown to reduce muscle pain and soreness after exercise or intense physical activity .
- Contains a number of bioactive compounds. These compounds can help kill germs, reverse diabetes, prevent nausea, boost nerve health, and keep your lungs healthy !
And did we mention that the combination of fresh ginger and lemon on a hot sunny day is pretty fantastic?
Fresh Ginger Keto Lemonade Recipe
Submit your review
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 scoops KetoLogic BHB (we recommend KetoEnergy Raspberry Lemonade or Orange-Mango)
- ¼ cup KetoLogic Erythritol
- Place ginger slices and water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and cover. Let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the ginger pieces out.
- Add lemon juice, KetoLogic BHB, and KetoLogic Erythritol.
- Store in the refrigerator. Serve over ice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2
Submit your review