Keto Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Holy superfoods and healthy fats!
This keto salmon recipe is loaded with some of the healthiest, keto-friendly foods you can find. And it tastes delicious!
Every so often, you stumble upon one of these rare keto recipes. Every part of the recipe (the main course, the sauce, and even the side), every ingredient, seems to fit perfectly on the keto diet. It’s always a good feeling when you find one of those, isn’t it?
Good news: you just stumbled upon one of those recipes.
From top to bottom, this keto salmon recipe is pretty much a perfect low-carb meal.
Salmon is a great keto protein that’s packed with heart-healthy and anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids.
The sauce is made with fresh avocados, mayonnaise, and lemon juice, meaning it’s both nutrient-dense and refreshing.
Top that with a side of sauteed green beans cooked with slivered almonds and olive oil, and you’ve got quite the feast on your hands.
Whether you’re new to the low-carb lifestyle or a seasoned keto pro, this is one keto salmon recipe you won’t want to miss. We know you’ll love it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Olive oil (we recommend FBOMB)
- Green beans
- Lemon juice
Top 5 Health Benefits of this Recipe
Healthy fats, a big dose of protein, and other nutrients makes this a can’t-miss lunch or dinner recipe. Check out the benefits of this keto salmon!
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: 3 ingredients in this recipe are packed with omega-3 fatty acids: salmon, avocados, and almonds. The 2 fatty acids found in these foods, EPA and DHA, offer a number of benefits for the body: improved nervous system functioning, better glucose regulation (important for diabetics), and lower blood pressure, among other things . They also help lower your risk of cardiovascular disease !
- Anti-Inflammatory: There’s one other benefit of omega-3 fatty acids that’s so good it warrants its own section. EPA and DHA are both anti-inflammatory compounds, meaning they help reduce or reverse the effects of inflammation in the body’s tissues . This can help reduce chronic joint pain, improve energy levels, and reduce your risk of a number of scary diseases, like cancer and type 2 diabetes.
- Packed with Protein: Pound for pound, salmon is one the best protein sources you’ll find. Thirty grams of protein is also the perfect serving for a keto meal, as most people eat between 100-150g per day . It’s not too lean, either, because there are just as many good fats in it. And besides adding a crunch to the green beans, almonds are loaded with protein, too!
- Loaded with Fiber: Fiber is an essential nutrient that the majority of Americans don’t get enough of . This is a shame, because dietary fiber improves gut health, protects your immune system, and helps regulate your metabolism. Almonds and avocado are a fantastic source of fiber, though, so you’re closing your own fiber gap with this keto salmon recipe!
- Packed with Vitamins: Salmon is loaded with B vitamins, which help give you energy . By itself, avocado contains more than 20 essential vitamins and minerals (hence the reason many consider it a superfood) . Even lemon juice, which helps add a zing to the creamy avocado sauce, is loaded with vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient for boosting immune health and staying healthy !
Pretty good for such a simple and yummy sounding dish, right? We hope you love this keto salmon recipe as much as we do!
Salmon with Creamy Avocado Sauce and Green Beans Almondine Recipe
Submit your review
- 4 (4-ounce) wild-caught salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, finely slivered
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- ½ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon skin side up in hot skillet to sear. Cook 2 minutes.
- Flip salmon to skin side down, cover and cook to desired level of doneness (3-4 minutes for more rare; 6-8 minutes for more well done), being careful not to overcook. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Remove any skin from skillet and heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in same skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, green beans, salt and pepper, and sauté until just barely tender, being sure to not overcook green beans or burn garlic, about 6-8 minutes. Top green beans with toasted slivered almonds and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- For avocado sauce, mash together ripe avocado, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon 3 tablespoons of avocado sauce over each salmon filet and serve with 1 cup of green beans.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
Submit your review