Keto-Style Roasted Carrots
Low Carb Shake Buy Now
Add some color to your Thanksgiving dinner with these delicious roasted carrots. Oven-roasted until crisp-tender, then coated with a butter-maple syrup glaze, these carrots may steal all the attention from the turkey!
Note: these are already low-carb, but you can cut down the carb-level even more by substituting turnips – or doing a combo of both for added variety and color.
- 1 pound multi-colored carrots, sliced thinly*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
*Can substitute turnips (Fat: 81% / Carbs: 16% / Protein: 3%)
Note: It is always preferential to use grass-fed meat and dairy products, as well as Himalayan salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix the ingredients from the carrots through the fresh thyme thoroughly in a bowl (save the melted butter, sugar-free maple syrup, and parsley for later). Spread the carrots evenly onto a sprayed/greased sheet pan.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Rotate the pan and roast for another 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown and cooked to desired tenderness.
- While carrots are roasting, combine the melted butter, sugar-free maple syrup, and chopped parsley in a bowl. Toss the carrots with the sauce just before serving.
- Yield: 8