Low-Carb BBQ Sauce
Looking for a zesty, tangy barbecue sauce recipe without the carbs and sugar? Well, look no further!
Our low-carb BBQ sauce combines classic ingredients like tomato paste and apple cider vinegar with an array of spices, just like a regular sauce.
The difference is that we use KetoLogic Erythritol, a natural sugar-free sweetener that adds sweetness to your barbecue sauce without any extra calories or sugar.
The end result is a healthy, low-carb marinade perfect for grilling, baking, or dipping. We recommend you try it with chicken wings, chicken tenders, or pulled pork!
(Or hey, just make some to have around the house. We won’t judge!)
Ingredients You’ll Need
- KetoLogic Erythritol
- Apple cider vinegar
- Tomato paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- Spices like onion and garlic powder
Ingredient Spotlight: Apple Cider Vinegar
Believe it or not, people have been using vinegar for health and medicinal purposes since 5,000 BC .
Our ancient ancestors knew then what modern scientists have since confirmed: vinegar, in this case, apple cider vinegar, is incredibly good for you
Here are just a few of the benefits of ACV:
- A 2009 study found that daily apple cider vinegar intake can reduce body fat and improve blood markers that lower your risk of several diseases .
- Vinegar intake has been shown to reduce inflammation throughout the body, protecting you from diseases, such as obesity .
- Because it’s fermented, the microorganisms in ACV help keep your microbiome happy and fed (the billions of tiny bacteria that live in your gut responsible for keeping your digestive system and brain healthy! ).
- ACV also has anti-infective properties, meaning it’s good for warding off infections and strengthening your immune system .
If that’s not enough to convince you to make apple cider vinegar a regular part of your diet, we’re not sure what is. Good thing this recipe calls for a quarter cup of the stuff!
Ways to Use This Low-Carb BBQ Sauce
Most store-bought barbecue sauces are off-limits on low-carb diets.
(Considering that one cup of a traditional recipe has 90 grams of carbs in it and 65 grams of sugar, you can surely see why .)
But with only three grams of net carbs, you can use this sugar-free BBQ sauce a number of different ways.
Some of our favorites include:
- Chicken wings: Whether you’re making them in the Instant Pot or in the air fryer, this BBQ sauce goes perfectly on chicken wings. Marinate them ahead of time for extra flavor!
- Pulled pork: Our pulled pork recipe is combined with a cabbage slaw. This sauce will complement the flavors of each perfectly!
- Chicken tenders: Breaded in almond flour and pork rinds to keep carbs low, neither these chicken tenders or this BBQ sauce will make you feel guilty on your low-carb diet.
Whatever you’re making this low-carb BBQ sauce for, we recommend you save a little extra (or make more from the get-go). That way you can dip other proteins in it throughout the week!
Other Keto and Low-Carb Sauces to Try
Low-Carb BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons KetoLogic Erythritol
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ – ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (6-ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- Cayenne, to your taste
- Add the erythritol, apple cider vinegar, and water to a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the erythritol has dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to blend and increase heat until the sauce boils.
- Reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add more water if needed to get the desired consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup
Submit your review