Mahi Mahi with Beurre Blanc (butter sauce)
Low Carb Shake Buy Now
Enjoy this delicate fish entree with a rich buttery sauce. The French sauce sounds fancy, but it’s surprisingly simple to prepare.
- 3 pieces bacon
- 6 (3oz) Mahi Mahi fillets
- pinch salt and pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 stick butter, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook bacon in a skillet at medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes on each side until crispy. Remove from pan and reserve fat.
- Season mahi mahi with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet at medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, sear the fish face down for about 3 minutes until cooked halfway up the side. Flip and do the same on the other side until the fish is cooked all the way through. Remove from pan and transfer to plate. Keep pan on heat.
- Add white wine and let reduce until only a syrup remains. Add heavy cream and reserved bacon fat. Turn heat off. Whisk butter in until completely melted and fully incorporated into sauce. Add lemon juice, dill, parsley, cooked bacon, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour sauce over mahi-mahi and serve.
- Yield: 6