Pork Belly Keto Scramble
Pork belly is like bacon; it makes meals taste better. And that holds true for this keto breakfast scramble recipe. Crispy and juicy slices of pork belly add a delicious dose of fat-fueled flavor to every bite.
This recipe also features bell peppers, onions, and spinach for a tasty boost in vitamins and minerals. And for even more flavor, we add cheese and salsa right before serving.
Most people will enjoy this recipe for breakfast, but it’s also great for lunch or dinner.
Features of this Recipe
- A good source of vitamins and minerals
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pork belly
- Bell peppers
- Olive oil
Ingredient Highlights in this Recipe
- Pork belly: Eating pork is a great way to get fat and protein with no carbs. Pork provides many vitamins and minerals, including vitamins B6 and B12, plus zinc, thiamine, iron, and phosphorus. Pork contains all nine essential amino acids needed for optimal growth and development .
- Eggs: Like pork, this superfood is an excellent source of protein and fat, plus many important vitamins and minerals. Eggs also contain all the essential amino acids humans need. Egg consumption has been shown to support weight loss and reduce the risk of heart disease, strokes, and eye disorders .
- Vegetables: Spinach, bell peppers, and onions pack a powerful punch of nutrients, especially vitamin C. Vitamin C has been shown to protect against heart diseases, prenatal health issues, vision disorders, and immune system deficiencies .
Other Keto Egg Recipes You Might Like
Pork Belly Keto Scramble Recipe
Submit your review
- 4 ounces cooked pork belly (we recommend Trader Joe’s Fully Cooked Pork Belly)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry (about ¼ cup thawed)
- ½ cup frozen pepper and onion vegetable blend, thawed and patted dry (about ¼ cup thawed or fresh veggies)
- ¼ cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 2 tablespoons jarred salsa (no sugar or fruit added)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, heat cooked pork belly according to package directions until heated throughout.
- Remove from heat, coarsely chop and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add pepper blend and spinach and sauté until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in egg mixture, and gently stir until egg is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and divide scrambled egg and vegetable mixture between two plates. Top each with half of the cheese mixture, half of the chopped pork belly, and 1 tablespoon salsa.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2
Submit your review