Pulled Pork with Cabbage Slaw
Low Carb Shake Buy Now
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
This recipe boasts an amazing combination of flavors and seasoning. Best of all, it’s easy to prep, making it perfect for busy days and hectic schedules. Prep it a day in advance to save yourself even more time!
- 1 pork shoulder (about 4 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup sugar-free BBQ sauce (such as G Hughes Smokehouse)
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 drops liquid Stevia
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Rub the pork shoulder with the olive oil. Mix together all of the spices and rub all around the pork shoulder. Put the pork shoulder into a roasting pan and cover with foil. Cook in the oven for 6-8 hours until tender and beginning to fall apart. Let the pork cool enough to handle and shred into a bowl either with your hands or with tongs. Mix in the sugar-free BBQ sauce. Note: This can be done a day ahead of time before serving.
- For the slaw, mix all the ingredients (green cabbage to liquid Stevia) in a large bowl. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. Adjust seasoning as needed and toss together well before serving.
- Serve a bit of the slaw either on top or as a side to the pulled pork.
- Yield: 16