Strawberry Vanilla BHB Keto Popsicles
Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too. Or, in this case, have your popsicle and enhance ketosis.
Let’s be real: low-carb diets like keto promise effective weight loss results, but don’t promise much in the “I-can-still-eat-healthy-desserts” category.
While low-carb ice creams and other frozen treats have come a long way, they tend to carry a hefty price tag. And some of them still leave something to be desired when it comes to taste.
That’s why we are so excited about these strawberry vanilla BHB keto popsicles!
Not only are they low-carb, but they’re made with perhaps the best supplement on the market you can use to achieve or maintain ketosis, beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB).
BHB is an exogenous ketone, which can help curb hunger cravings, minimize or prevent the symptoms of the keto flu, and enhance ketosis.
So this isn’t just a “keto-friendly” dessert; it’s keto-promoting, too.
This recipe features the following ingredients:
- KetoLogic Vanilla BHB
- Heavy whipping cream
- Dried basil
- Vanilla extract
Keep reading to learn why these BHB popsicles are the best option for sticking to your diet, as well as the top 3 health benefits they offer.
If you make this recipe, be sure to post a photo on Instagram and tag @ketologic!
Why This Recipe is Better Than Grocery Store Keto Dessert Options
Whether you’ve been keto for a while now or just started, perhaps you’ve had the chance to look at a keto dessert label or two.
If not, here’s a quick rundown of what you might find:
- Very few carbs (or net carbs, which take into account how much fiber or sugar-free sweetener is used)
- A higher price point (most keto ice creams you buy at the store cost twice as much as a traditional pint, if not more)
- Lots of additives and chemicals, which are there to help the product taste good, freeze properly, and have a consistency that resembles the “normal” version of the dessert
And while some of them will be “winners” in the taste department, we can tell you from experience that isn’t always the case.
Why spend $10 on a frozen dessert that might not taste good when you can make a delicious, keto-enhancing dessert right at home?
That’s what these strawberry vanilla BHB popsicles are! They’re made with low-carb berries, heavy cream, and KetoLogic’s BHB supplement, which offers many keto-specific benefits (discussed in the next section).
Top 3 Health Benefits of Strawberry Vanilla BHB Keto Popsicles
Looking for a little bit more proof as to why this is the keto dessert recipe for you? Here are the health benefits of the main ingredients in these keto popsicles.
1. Heavy Cream
Rich in fat and full of calories, heavy cream is a popular ingredient for many keto dessert recipes.
Turns out, heavy cream is also full of vitamins and minerals that are good for your health. A half-cup contains vitamins A, D, E, and K, as well as calcium, phosphorus, and choline .
Beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB) is one of the ketone bodies present in the blood when you’re in ketosis. It provides fuel for your brain and muscles in the form of fat instead of glucose, which helps keep you energized and helps you burn off stored fat .
Recent studies show that BHB as part of a low-carb diet may also offer benefits for cardiovascular and metabolic health .
There’s a ton to like about the health benefits of strawberries. They contain doses of more than 20 essential vitamins and minerals, and have enough fiber in them to offset the carbs if you’re on a low-carb diet like keto .
Studies show they also reduce cardiovascular disease and cancer risk due to the fact that they’re packed with antioxidants, which help fight off free radicals in the body .
The only other ingredients you’ll find in these popsicles are basil flakes (just wait, strawberry and basil is about to become one of your favorite combinations) and a teaspoon of vanilla.
Now, let’s look at how to make these strawberry vanilla BHB popsicles!
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 scoops Vanilla KetoLogic BHB
- 1 tablespoon dry basil flakes
- 1 cup mashed strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat the heavy cream until it comes to a boil. Add in the basil flakes and let it boil for an additional 7-10 minutes allowing the basil to infuse into the cream. Stir frequently.
- Add in the vanilla extract and vanilla BHB and mix until incorporated.
- Next, add in the mashed strawberries. Allow the mixture to come to a boil and the cream to turn a pale pink color. You’ll know it’s ready when the strawberries have thickened and are incorporated into the mixture.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Pour mixture into a 10-piece popsicle mold. Make sure you distribute the strawberries evenly.
- Freeze overnight and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10
Submit your review