Thai Curry with Shrimp
Low Carb Shake Buy Now
Love Asian food? Look no further than this delicious and fragrant Thai Curry with Shrimp. It’s hard to believe this is keto-friendly!
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ onion, cut into 6 chunks
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 carrot, halved and sliced into half-moon shapes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- juice from half a lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot at medium-high heat. Add the onion, break it up a bit with a spoon and cook until soft (about 5 minutes), stirring often.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and stir together for about 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Stir together, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Lightly simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, carrots, and broccoli. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. As it starts to boil, add the shrimp and reduce heat back to low. Stir together and continue cooking until the shrimp turns pink and the vegetables are tender (about 3 minutes).
- Turn off the heat. Add the lime juice and cilantro. Adjust the seasoning if necessary with a pinch of salt, more lime juice or more curry paste/powder for additional heat.
- Yield: 4