Tim Tebow’s Strawberry Vanilla Keto Shake
I’ve been following a low-carb, high-fat diet since late 2011/early 2012, and found early on that one of the hardest parts about the diet is getting enough fat!
I’ve experimented with and developed many different recipes that reduce the amount of net carbs I’m consuming while providing my body with enough quality fat to reach the state of ketosis.
And one of my favorites is this strawberry vanilla keto shake. ~Tim Tebow
If you make this recipe, be sure to post a photo on Instagram and tag @ketologic and #GoKetoWithTebow!
Why This Keto Shake Recipe Makes Keto Easier
When you’re first starting a low-carb, high-fat diet, you’re almost guaranteed to experience sugar or carb cravings. This is especially the case if you previously ate the standard American diet.
It’s unrealistic to expect that most newcomers to the ketogenic diet will be able to just flip a switch on their eating habits and overhaul their diets completely overnight.
This low-carb, high-fat shake helps those with a sweet tooth ease into the diet without stalling progress. That’s because it tastes just like a strawberry milkshake.
If you’re also a fan of ice cream and milkshakes, it’ll help you feel like you’re not depriving yourself of those old favorites, making it easier to stick to your meal plan and keto macros.
The Ultimate Keto Meal Replacement Shake
If you lead a busy life or just want to avoid crunching numbers (how many net carbs are in that, again? And will that put me over my limit for the day?), keto meal replacement shakes can make things easier.
With 36g of fat from MCT oil, heavy whipping cream, and KetoMeal, and only 7g of net carbs, this is one of my favorite meal replacement recipes because I know that it has the perfect amount of fat, protein, and carbs to keep me fueled.
This recipe is very versatile, and you can customize it to your liking. Here are some suggested substitutions, but feel free to play with the ingredients however you want. Just keep an eye on the macros of your other ingredients!
- Strawberry KetoMeal: This is the first ingredient in the recipe, and if you prefer a different KetoMeal flavor (like Chocolate or Salted Caramel!), you can swap it out. You may want to leave out the strawberries if you choose Salted Caramel.
- Fresh strawberries: If you want to save the carbs or just don’t have any fresh strawberries on hand, you can skip these. Add in a bit more ice to make up for the bulk, though!
- Heavy whipping cream: I highly recommend organic or grass-fed whipping cream. But, if you’re lactose intolerant or just trying to avoid dairy for whatever reason, you can substitute full-fat coconut milk.
- MCT Oil: I recommend keeping the MCT oil in the recipe because MCTs may support ketosis. MCT oil also comes with a bunch of other benefits to support your mental and physical performance. However, if you don’t have any, you can skip this ingredient.
Submit your review
- 8-12 ounces cold water
- 1 scoop Strawberry KetoMeal
- 1 scoop Vanilla BHB*
- 1 tablespoon KetoLogic MCT Oil
- 4 fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ to 1 cup ice
*Also available as KetoEnergy BHB with 100mg Caffeine per serving.
- Mix all ingredients in blender and blend until you reach desired consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1
Submit your review