Turkey Pot Pie
Low Carb Shake Buy Now
If you make our Oven-Roasted Turkey Legs for Thanksgiving, you probably won’t have any leftovers. But do yourself a favor and save about two cups’ worth so you can enjoy this Turkey Pot Pie the day after. You’re welcome.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced small
- 2 sticks celery, diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups leftover turkey meat, roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup peas, frozen
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella or white cheddar, shredded
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
*Can substitute with ½ cup almond flour and ¼ cup ground flax to increase healthy omega-3 fats and reduce protein ratio.
Note: It is always preferential to use grass-fed meat and dairy products, as well as Himalayan salt.
- Filling Preparation: In a pot or large skillet, melt the butter at medium-high heat and add the onion, carrots, and celery. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the heavy cream, stir, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add half of the cream cheese (1/4 cup) and Parmesan cheese and stir until fully incorporated and melted. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Add salt and pepper as needed. Pour the mixture into a sprayed/greased casserole dish.
- Crust Preparation: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the shredded cheese and remaining cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir the mixture and microwave for 1 more minute until melted, but not piping hot.
- Mix the egg into the cheese mixture, then add the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix together until a dough forms. Roll the dough out to flatten it, then place it over the filling mixture in the casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Rotate the pan, and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and cooked all the way through. Note: Cooking times may vary slightly depending on the oven.
- Yield: 8