It’s one of the biggest trends among athletes, entrepreneurs, executives, and even regular people who just want to enhance their performance: “Bulletproof” coffee. Also known as boosted coffee, butter coffee, and keto coffee, this isn’t just any regular coffee with cream in it. This boosted coffee incorporates MCT oil which has been shown to promote ketosis, boost energy and mental focus, and fuel peak performance that far outlasts regular coffee. This is my version of boosted coffee. It contains chocolate BHB exogenous ketones and MCT oil, then I make it even richer with some heavy whipping cream. It tastes just like a decadent keto mocha. ~Tim Tebow
If you make this recipe, be sure to post a photo on Instagram and tag @ketologic and #GoKetoWithTebow!
Benefits of Boosted Coffee
Boosted coffee is great for keeping me fueled for hours. The fats from MCT oil and heavy whipping cream, plus the BHB are highly satiating and can keep me going until lunchtime, even if I don’t have time to make a keto breakfast. Ingredients within the keto mocha recipe can:
- Enhance ketosis: The MCT oil and BHB both support ketosis. If you’re new to keto, it can help you achieve ketosis faster. If you’re already in ketosis, it can help you stay in ketosis so you remain a fat-burning machine.
- Curb cravings: BHB can help suppress your appetite and curb hunger pangs. If you don’t want caffeine in the afternoon, make this with decaf coffee. The Chocolate Keto BHB I use in this recipe comes in stimulant-free and caffeinated versions so pick the one you need!
- Boost energy and mental focus: MCT oil is known for many health benefits. If you’re new to MCTs, start with just one teaspoon and drink slowly. Otherwise, it could run through you. I typically use a whole tablespoon in my coffee. It’s quickly absorbed by the body so it’s fast fuel. Another bonus to MCT oil is it helps improve mental clarity. As a sports commentator, my mind has to be sharp and on point and this recipe does the trick, acting as a sort of nootropic.
How to Customize Your Keto Coffee
If you don’t like (or can’t have) all the ingredients in the recipe, no worries. It’s super easy to change it up.
- Coffee: Both regular and decaf work in this recipe. If you’re not a coffee drinker, you can use unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk instead.
- Chocolate BHB: If chocolate isn’t your thing, vanilla BHB is also delicious. And don’t feel like you have to stick with BHB. KetoLogic offers four KetoMeal replacement shakes that are delicious mixed with coffee if you want a quick breakfast. If you end up using KetoMeal, consider skipping the MCT oil since the KetoMeal contains MCT oil powder.
- Heavy whipping cream: If you need a dairy-free option, try full-fat coconut milk.
- 12 ounces Hot Coffee
- 1 scoop KetoLogic Chocolate BHB*
- 1 tablespoon KetoLogic MCT Oil
- ¼ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Stir together all ingredients in a coffee cup or mug until you reach desired consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1