5-Minute Keto Mayonnaise
This Keto MCT Mayonnaise isn't just the ultimate mayo. It's a great base for tons of keto dishes. MCT is thinner than other vegetable oils, so the consistency of this mayo will be a bit thinner than others and requires a higher ratio of egg to oil. It can be used as a base for dressings and coleslaw; mixed into tuna, chicken or egg salads; or just drizzled on your favorite meat or burger for a great boost of ketone-producing MCTs!
This Keto Mayo recipe:
- Is a great way to boost fat macros
- Is simple to make
- Goes well with many keto recipes
- KetoLogic MCT Oil
- Egg yolks
- White vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Garlic powder
- Dijon mustard
- Avocado oil
Three health benefits of this recipe:
- Enhances energy: MCT Oil can be quickly absorbed by your body for immediate energy.
- Boosts ketones: Adding MCT Oil to your daily regimen can help enhance ketones, which supports ketosis.
- Increases fat macros: It can be challenging to consume enough fat on the ketogenic diet. The recommended macro breakdown for the standard ketogenic diet is 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbohydrates. Adding this Keto Mayo as a condiment can help you increase your fat intake to support ketosis.
- ½ cup KetoLogic MCT Oil
- ¾ cup avocado oil
- 2 whole egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a tall cylindrical container with a wide enough mouth to fit an immersion blender (such as a wide-mouthed mason jar or drinking glass).
- Insert immersion blender until it touches the bottom of the container. Keeping the blade on the bottom of the container, blend until mayo begins to form from the bottom up. This takes about 20-30 seconds and will produce a noticeably thicker and pale yellow liquid.
- Moving blender up and down in the container, continue to blend until well mixed and thicker throughout.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1¼ cups mayo
Ideal Ratio Recipe Ratio
No comments yet