Low Carb Shake Buy Now
You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how creamy and comforting our cauliflower soup is. It’s perfect on a chilly day and reheats wonderfully.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 6 pieces bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- ½ whole milk yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- dash of Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped (optional garnish)
- Remove the leaves and thick core from the cauliflower, coarsely chop, and reserve.
- In a large soup pot, cook the bacon slowly over low-medium heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon for about 8-10 minutes until bacon is starting to crisp and most of the fat is rendered.
- Add the butter and the onion and garlic; cook until softened, but not browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add the cauliflower, thyme, and stock; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, add heavy cream, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is very soft and falling apart, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Use a handheld immersion blender to puree the soup, or puree it in a blender and return it to the pot. Add the Parmesan, whole milk yogurt and Tabasco and stir until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Garnish with chives.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 large (bowl-size) servings or 8 small (cup-size) servings