Ginger Snap Cookies
Low Carb Shake Buy Now
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
This recipe is a pretty standard low-carb, keto-friendly cookie. There is room for experimentation here as long as the flour and butter remain the same. Try out your favorite artificial sweeteners and play around with other spices if you prefer. Simply omitting the ginger here and doubling up on the cinnamon results in a cinnamon cookie versus a ginger snap.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup erythritol
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened or melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Then, in a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (butter, egg and vanilla extract) together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Blend with a hand mixer at low speed until fully combined and a stiff crumbly batter is formed.
- Measure out each cookie with a tablespoon and flatten out into a round cookie shape by hand. Lay evenly on a sprayed sheet pan/cookie sheet in 6 rows of 4 cookies each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Yield: 24