What better way to kick off a new season than with a seasonal treat?
Zucchini (or summer squash) season is upon us, which means it's a perfect time to make some zucchini bread!
Our recipe combines the benefits of zucchini with other healthy ingredients, such as almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, eggs, and pecans.
And while most zucchini bread recipes are full of carbs, this one manages to keep the carbs low and still be delicious.
Thanks to fiber-packed almond flour (one of the main ingredients) and a touch of our favorite low-carb sweetener KetoLogic Erythritol, you won't be left wanting a "real" treat after you give this keto bread a try.
Before we show you the recipe, check out some of the awesome health benefits of this keto-friendly zucchini bread and its star ingredient, zucchini.
Ingredients Used in this Recipe
- Ground ginger
- Almond flour
- KetoLogic Erythritol
Why You Should Try This Keto Zucchini Bread
When most of us hear the term zucchini bread, we think of a tasty dessert that's probably better for us than, say, a brownie or a cookie. There's vegetables in it, after all!
But that isn't the case with every zucchini bread recipe you'll find out there.
In fact, many recipes aren't suitable for a low-carb diet at all. For example, one slice of a traditional recipe could contain :
- 32+ grams of carbs
- Very little fiber (this eliminates the possibility that the net carbs will be lower)
- 220+ calories
- Trace amounts of vitamins and minerals
Not really worth it, as you can see. Might as well take the day off from eating keto if you're going to splurge on a regular piece of zucchini bread.
Our recipe, on the other hand, works perfectly. It's made with almond flour instead of traditional all-purpose flour, meaning there's plenty of fiber (good for health and lowering net carbs).
We also use our favorite keto-friendly sugar-free sweetener, KetoLogic Erythritol. It has no calories, and only 5 grams of carbs per serving—much better for sticking to your diet than sugar or other "better for you" substitutes like honey.
Toss in other ingredients that make this bread delicious, like cinnamon, ginger, and chopped pecans, and the end result will be a low-carb, high-fat, tasty quick bread treat. In short, our version is much healthier than most other recipes, and definitely keto-approved.
Ingredient Spotlight: Zucchini
As a low-carb vegetable, there's a lot to like about zucchini.
First off, it's highly nutritious. Zucchini (sometimes called summer squash) contains large quantities of vitamin C, phosphorus, manganese, and potassium .
Summer squash also contains a handful of antioxidants and other bioactive compounds that have been shown to fight off cancer, reduce inflammation, and boost your immune system's health .
Although it's dense and full of nutrients, zucchini has a surprisingly low number of carbs—less than 4 grams per serving, which makes it perfect for a diet like keto.
Besides this keto zucchini bread recipe, there are tons of delicious ways you can prepare this vegetable. You can bake, sauté, or even grill it with a little oil, salt and pepper, and have a great side dish to almost any meal.
Just remember that it's a seasonal vegetable, meaning that you'll most likely see it in the grocery stores between June and mid-to-late fall. That means you have to take advantage of it when you can, and try recipes like this one before it's too late!
Other Homemade Baking Recipes You’ll Love
Keto-Friendly Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup KetoLogic Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 small zucchinis (enough for 1½ cups grated)
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray or grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, erythritol, and baking soda.
- Grate the zucchini with a grater or food processor. Squeeze out the liquid in the grated zucchini with a kitchen towel or paper towels. (It’s important to squeeze out as much water as possible before adding to the batter.) You should have 1½ cups of grated zucchini after you squeeze out the liquid. Discard liquid.
- Add grated zucchini to the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir batter until combined.
- Fold in chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely. Slice into 12 pieces for serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hours
- Yield: 12