Who would've thought you could have pizza on a keto diet? These keto-friendly portobello pizzas are so good you won't give a second thought to their carb-laden counterparts. The low-carb portobello mushrooms serve as a delicious and savory "crust" for the cheese and pepperoni. Even your non-keto friends will love these.
This recipe is: keto-friendly, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, no added sugar
Love Portobello mushrooms? Try our low-carb Portobello Bacon Burgers!
Looking for more keto-friendly Italian meals? Try our Must-Have Low-Carb Italian Recipes.
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- ½ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup marinara/spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 4 basil leaves, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrape out the gills from the portobello mushrooms, toss or drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Then, lay portobellos on a baking pan open side up.
- Scoop ¼ cup of sauce into each portobello cap. Mix the two cheeses together in a bowl and sprinkle generously (about ¾ cup) into each portobello. Top each pizza with 5 pieces of pepperoni.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Garnish with extra Parmesan and sliced basil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4