No more mushy overcooked broccoli! Roasting broccoli in the oven makes it crisp tender and the caramelization takes the flavor to a whole new level.
Pairing this keto-friendly side dish with a main course that is low on the carbohydrate scale, such as our Parmesan-Encrusted Halibut, will help balance out your macros.
This recipe is:
Ingredients you need:
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- juice from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the first four ingredients with 6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Lay evenly on a sheet pan and place in oven.
- Roast in the oven for 15-18 minutes (rotate the pan after 8 minutes) until some pieces just begin to lightly caramelize and the broccoli becomes tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately toss with the lemon juice. Garnish with the remaining Parmesan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4