Marinated Hanger Steak
Transform Yourself in 30 Days
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
Hanger steak, sometimes referred to as butcher’s steak (because in the past, butchers would often keep it for themselves), is arguably the most tender cut of the animal. Our version involves a simple marinade with fresh herbs, and is finished off with melted butter. Try this with our chimichurri sauce.
- 2 pounds hanger steak, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Marinate the steak in the remaining ingredients (except for the melted butter) for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and grill on medium heat for 5-10 minutes on each side until desired doneness is reached. Drizzle melted butter over steak before serving.
- Yield: 8