Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan
Transform Yourself in 30 Days
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
No more mushy overcooked broccoli! Roasting broccoli in the oven makes it crisp tender and the caramelization takes the flavor to a whole new level. Pairing this side dish with a main course that is low on the carbohydrate scale, such as our Parmesan-Encrusted Halibut, will help balance out your macros.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- pinch of Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- juice from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the first four ingredients with 6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Lay evenly on a sheet pan and place in oven.
- Roast in the oven for 15-18 minutes (rotate the pan after 8 minutes) until some pieces just begin to lightly caramelize and the broccoli becomes tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately toss with the lemon juice. Garnish with the remaining Parmesan.
- Yield: 4