Our classic guacamole is the perfect addition to a ketogenic diet. Adding one tablespoon of olive oil per avocado gives this recipe a whopping 4.4:1 of fat to net carbs plus protein ratio. Plus, it tastes great, so even your non-keto friends will still love it. Pair this guacamole with low-carb chips and vegetables, or a high-protein piece of meat or fish.
This recipe is: keto-friendly, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, vegetarian, vegan, no added sugar
Make your own Guacamole Burger with our Portobello Bacon Burger recipe!
Want more reasons to love avocados? Read 10 Reasons Avocados are Awesome.
- 3 ripe medium avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Dash of Tabasco
- ¼ red or white onion, finely diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded, and finely diced
- 1-2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Put avocados, olive oil, garlic, lime juice, Tabasco, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mash together thoroughly with a potato masher or fork.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6