Don't be intimidated by the long ingredient list. This low-carb taco salad does take a little time and effort to assemble, but the delicious results are well worth it! With just 6g of net carbs and 57g of fat, this recipe is perfect for keto-lovers everywhere. As an added bonus, it's gluten and grain-free, so everyone will love it.
This recipe is: keto-friendly, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, no added sugar
Love the avocado in this recipe? Find more recipes with our favorite super food in our article, Avocados: Love at First Bite.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (about 30)
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 avocados, diced
- ½ cup canned jalapeños
- dash hot sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ -1 cup vinegar, such as balsamic, apple cider, or white wine vinegar
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet at medium-high heat. Stir in the salt, pepper, and the rest of the spices. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prep the vegetables and assemble the salad. There are no rules for how to plate your salad, but you can spoon one-eighth (2 ounces) of the taco meat onto a plate first, followed by 1/4 cup shredded cheese, hot sauce, mixed greens and toppings. Finish by drizzling each salad with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and 1-2 tablespoons of the vinegar mixed thoroughly. You can also use any of your favorite low-carb salad dressings. We recommend using low-carb buttermilk ranch dressing for this particular recipe.
- Yield: 8