Buffalo Chicken Dip
Low Carb Shake Buy Now
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
This buffalo chicken dip makes for a delicious appetizer that can be served with vegetables or low-carb crackers at your next dinner party or tailgate. This recipe is very low-carb, but the protein is slightly high. This can easily be adjusted by omitting one (or two) chicken thighs and adding more cheese and/or cream cheese to use as filler in its place. The results will be similar.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
Note: It is always preferential to use grass-fed meat and dairy products, as well as Himalayan salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss chicken with olive oil, a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and the 2 teaspoons of garlic powder. Lay the chicken evenly on a sheet pan and bake for 30-35 minutes (until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached), rotating the pan halfway through the baking time.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees. Allow the chicken to cool enough to handle. Chop or shred the chicken by hand into a large bowl. Mix together the rest of the ingredients with the chicken, except for the 2 (divided) cups of cheese (reserve 1 cup of cheddar and 1 cup of Monterey Jack).
- Pour the mixture evenly into a sprayed/greased oven-safe baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until it starts to brown and bubble. It can be finished under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp and brown the top.
- Yield: 8