For some, it’s #psl season. For others, as fall sets in and winter is just around the corner, there’s no drink more crave-worthy than hot cocoa. But let’s face it -- while it is the ultimate winter comfort drink to warm you up and satisfy those chocolate cravings, most hot chocolate is chock full of sugar and carbs, which means that it's not exactly low-carb friendly. Until now. Enter: keto hot chocolate. With 36g of quality fat from coconut milk, this recipe is like a liquid fat bomb. Not only will it help you reach your keto macros for the day, but it'll also curb that sweet tooth (and warm you up).Go straight to recipe
What Makes This Keto Hot Chocolate Awesome?
This hot chocolate recipe is the ultimate keto recipe because instead of protein powder or just plain cocoa like many other recipes out there, it uses Keto BHB.
BHB can help you reach ketosis more quickly and help you recover after a carb slip-up. Besides this, there are many benefits of taking BHB, including:
- Reduced feelings of hunger
- Improved mental performance
- Increased physical performance
- Longer lasting energy
- Helping reduce "keto flu" symptoms.
Beta-hydroxybutyrate is widely known as one of the best supplements for energy levels, without causing any jitters.
This makes this keto cocoa recipe the perfect way to combat the mid-afternoon slump and fuel your workout.
High-Quality, Fat-Fueled Ingredients
This hot chocolate is not only delicious, but you can sip it knowing that you’re benefiting from the ingredients in it.
- Coconut milk: The full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk used in this recipe provides quality fats and MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides) which promote ketone production.
- Heavy cream: This optional ingredient can be added to your keto hot cocoa as a whipped cream topping, and is packed full of fats to keep you full for longer and fuel your day.
- Electrolytes: One of the main reasons many people who are new to the keto diet feel crummy at first is due to the keto flu. The keto flu is often caused by electrolyte deficiencies due to the body shedding excess water. Keto BHB is full of electrolytes to rehydrate your body and provide crucial minerals to keep you feeling your best.
If you're reading this and thinking that a recipe this good must be tough to make, you’re in for a treat. It’s a quick, easy recipe and you’ll be drinking your new favorite keto drink in no time.
- Hot chocolate:
- 2 scoops Chocolate KetoLogic BHB
- 1 can (13.5-oz) coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized saucepan, pour in the can of coconut milk and heat over medium heat. When it starts to form bubbles on the top layer, add in the BHB and vanilla extract while stirring with a whisk until combined. Add in the cocoa powder and continue stirring to incorporate completely.
- In a separate bowl, blend the heavy cream at medium-low speed until soft peaks form. Add vanilla extract and continue beating until stiff peaks form and you have a thick whipped cream.
- Top hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4