Jumpstart your day with this delicious keto breakfast casserole recipe, which is packed full of bacon, sausage, and egg-cellent goodness!
The high-quality fats in bacon, sausage, eggs and cheese will provide you with plenty of satiating, ketone-boosting fats to kickstart your morning. It's just one of many easy keto breakfast ideas you can try.
This low-carb casserole reheats amazingly well so you can enjoy it for days. If you're not a breakfast person (intermittent fasting, anyone?) then you'll still love this recipe for lunch, dinner, or even as a keto-friendly snack.
Features of this Recipe
- No added sugar
Other Keto Recipes You'll Love
Cheesy Keto Breakfast Casserole
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook the bacon in a skillet at medium-low heat or in the oven at 350°F until crispy. Reserve the bacon fat and chop the bacon up finely once it has cooled. This step can be done ahead of time.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with reserved bacon fat and sauté the onion at medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until it begins to soften. Add the ground breakfast sausage to the skillet and stir continuously, cooking until browned.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then whisk in the bacon, onion, and sausage with the egg and cream mixture. Finally, mix in 2 cups of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into a greased/sprayed 9x13 casserole pan. Bake for about 35 minutes (rotating the pan after 15-20 minutes). Sprinkle the last cup of cheese on top and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces and serve (or refrigerate for a later meal).
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8