This easy keto recipe is a perfect substitute for mashed potatoes that pairs well as a side with any protein, especially steak. The results yield a nearly perfect ratio of fats to carbohydrates and protein. Try it with your next low-carb meal!
This recipe is:
Ingredients in this recipe include:
- Heavy cream
- Sour cream
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put the cauliflower in a large pot of salted water and boil for about 8 minutes until it is tender. Strain the cauliflower through a colander and lay it evenly on a sheet pan. Put in the oven for about 5 minutes to dry it out.
- Heat the butter and heavy cream to a light simmer until hot and melted. Put the cauliflower, butter/cream mixture, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through until hot. Mix in the sliced chives if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4