This keto-friendly cucumber salad recipe is quick and easy to prepare, and it is also very flavorful and refreshing.
The fresh vegetables, garlic, and parsley make for a detoxifying and anti-inflammatory addition to any meal that fits surprisingly well into the day’s ratio of macronutrients. There are many ways to manipulate this recipe to get the carbs down and increase the fat and protein, such as losing some tomato or vinegar and upping the feta and olive oil.
This salad is great paired with a protein, such as chicken or fish.
This recipe is:
Ingredients you need:
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Liquid Stevia
- Tabasco sauce
- Feta cheese
- 3 large cucumbers, seeds removed and diced large
- 1/4 onion (yellow or red), sliced thinly
- 1 large tomato, cut into chunks or small wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 drops liquid Stevia
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine all ingredients except for the parsley and the feta cheese in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator, mix again thoroughly and taste. Adjust seasoning as needed by adding more salt, vinegar or whatever you feel it may need, if anything.
- Mix in the chopped parsley and feta cheese and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4