This low-carb recipe for Italian keto meatballs is -- mark our words -- the best.
This recipe is similar in both flavor and preparation to any classic meatball recipe. Not only is it simple to prepare, but it skips the breadcrumbs and other high-carb ingredients, making it perfect for those on the ketogenic diet.
They can be served with tomato sauce or low-carb noodles (think shirataki or "miracle" noodles or zucchini noodles), but our favorite way to enjoy them is over a crisp keto salad with the remaining fat from the pan.
This recipe is:
Serve these meatballs with:
This keto meatballs recipe also makes the perfect low-carb party snack. Just serve them on a toothpick with some marinara dipping sauce and you'll be the hit of the party.
Other keto Italian recipes you'll love:
Keto Italian Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray/grease a sheet pan or line it with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, put the first 8 ingredients (down to the tomato paste) and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Start forming your meatballs (using a spoon to scoop each one can help keep the size consistent). Roll each meatball in your hands and place it on the prepared sheet pan. You should end up with 12-16 meatballs.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until cooked all the way through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4