This is a universally loved appetizer that you can customize however you want. This one is a basic recipe for low-carb jalapeño poppers. Feel free to get creative by adding or substituting different types of cheeses, or anything else you may desire.
This recipe is:
Ingredients you need:
- Cream cheese
- 24 toothpicks
- 12 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Soak toothpicks in a bowl of water for a few minutes to prevent burning.
- Spoon cream cheese into each jalapeño, pressing it in evenly.
- Cut bacon into thirds, and wrap around each stuffed jalapeño; secure each with a soaked toothpick and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until bacon is crispy and jalapeños are soft.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8