Let's face it. Chicken can get boring. So add some spice into your life with some delicious, Jerk Chicken with Creamy Jamaican Sauce. And with 39g of fat and just 6g of net carbs per serving, this recipe is the perfect combination of flavor and fat. It's just the recipe to get you out of your eating rut.
This recipe is: keto-friendly, low-carb, no added sugar
Looking for a drink to go with this recipe? Check out our guide to Keto-Friendly Beer, Wine, and Spirits.
Need a sugar-free boost in the morning? Try our KetoLogic Coffee Creamer.
- 6 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 2 scallions
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Truvia brown sugar blend
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- Put all ingredients except chicken and coconut milk in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Arrange chicken thighs in a large dish and pour marinade over top. Marinade for 4-24 hours, turning chicken over occasionally.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and put the marinade into a pot. Preheat grill or oven. Grill at medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side under direct heat or roast in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
- Bring the marinade to a simmer and whisk in the coconut milk. Bring that to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and reduce about one-third of the way until the sauce becomes somewhat thick and creamy. Brush the sauce over the chicken while grilling or baking in the oven. Drizzle the rest of the sauce on top of the chicken when serving.
- Prep Time: 4-24 hours
- Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
- Yield: 6