One of the most commonly asked questions when people switch to a ketogenic lifestyle is, "what about bread?" We get it. Bread is delicious and comforting and it can be very difficult to give up. That's why we asked Registered Dietitian Molly Devine to share her favorite recipe for keto bread.
She has been eating a ketogenic diet since high school and offers personalized keto nutritional coaching sessions. Try her keto bread pan-fried in butter or toasted and topped with avocado! It's perfect for making sandwiches! And the best thing is that it just takes 90 seconds to make in the microwave!
This recipe is:
- No sugar added
For a keto breakfast sandwich, pan-fry the keto bread in butter and top with guacamole, crispy bacon, some greens, and a fried egg!
Prefer a sweeter version of our keto bread? Find the recipe here.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash sea salt, to taste
- dash garlic powder, to taste
- dried rosemary or oregano (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe ramekin and mix well with a fork.
- Microwave for 1-1/2 minutes on high.
- Slide a knife around the edges of ramekin and flip to remove bread.
- Slice in half with a serrated knife if you want to use it to make a sandwich.
- Pan-fry in butter or toast prior to serving (optional).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1.5 minutes
- Yield: 1