What started as a TikTok post has now exploded across the globe. The “it” drink of the moment takes a few simple ingredients to create a fluffy and creamy coffee concoction. Have you ever described a coffee drink as fluffy before? We haven’t.
How Do You Make Dalgona Coffee?
The traditional version uses granulated white sugar. Other options are brown sugar, raw sugar, or coconut sugar. None of these are keto friendly.
Dalgona coffee is traditionally served over milk, which has too many carbs for keto. Other popular options include almond milk, soy milk, and oat milk.
What Do You Need To Make Dalgona Coffee?
You need a large bowl and an electric hand mixer or a whisk. If you use a mixer, it will take about 3-4 minutes to achieve the fluffy froth. If you use a hand whisk, it could take over ten minutes to whip enough air into the mixture to achieve the right fluffiness.
How Do You Make Dalgona Coffee Keto-Friendly?
Of course, when we heard about this fluffy coffee concoction, the first thing we wanted to do was create a keto-friendly version of Dalgona Coffee.
Instead of granulated sugar, we substituted granulated erythritol, a natural sugar-free sweetener. And instead of milk, we use unsweetened almond milk.
The result is fantastic. Creamy. Foamy. Silky smooth. And delicious! Try it today!
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (must be instant coffee)
- 2 tablespoons KetoLogic Erythritol
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- In a large bowl, combine the instant coffee, erythritol and hot water.
- Using a whisk or an electric hand mixer, whisk together the ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- It will take about 10-12 minutes if you’re hand whisking and 3-4 minutes if you’re using an electric hand mixer.
- Pour over almond milk.
- Stir together the foam with your milk and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5-15 minutes
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 2