Taco Tuesday isn't the same when you're on the keto diet—until now, that is.
These keto taco bowls are an innovative low-carb spin on the traditional taco.
If we're honest, most taco bowls, which are just the ingredients tossed into a bowl, are missing something important: crunch!
And without hard shells or tortilla chips, your options are a bit limited.
Not to brag, but we've sort of cracked the code. We use crushed up Chili Lime Keto Cheese Crisps—all fat, no carbs, and a whole heck of a lot of crunch and flavor—to give you the same crunchy taco textures you loved before you went keto.
If this is your first time trying these Keto Crisps, you're going to want to order a couple extra bags. They're so satisfying and tasty, and only contain 1g of net carbs per serving and zero sugar.
In fact, this whole taco bowl recipe has less than 5 grams of net carbs!
So let the family know it's time to bring the tradition back. They can have hard shells if they want, but we promise you won't feel like you're missing out on anything!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chili Lime KetoLogic Keto Crisps
- Ground beef
- Roma tomatoes
- FBOMB Olive Oil
- Sour cream
- Spices like chili powder, onion powder, and crushed red pepper
Featured Ingredient: Keto Crisps
Here are some of the benefits of this high-fat, low-carb snack.
We use six words to describe Keto Crisps: Deliciously cheesy. Additively crunchy. Irresistibly tasty.
That about sums it up, but we should also let you know that these cheese crisps are made with 100% natural locally and sustainably sourced cheese.
Only the highest quality ingredients go into each bite, so they're a snack (or topping) you can feel good about.
Health Benefits of CheeseHere are some of the benefits of cheese:
- High protein: Each serving of Keto Crisps has 10g of protein!
- Healthy fats: With 14g of fat per serving, there's plenty of satisfying, sustaining energy in each bite.
- Good source of calcium: Good for protecting your bones and cardiovascular system.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Ghost Pepper
- Chili Lime
- Variety pack
Other Ways to Enjoy Keto CrispsHow else can you enjoy this salty, crunchy snack? Try:
- Putting them on salads
- Crumbling them over enchiladas or other casserole dishes
- As a soup topping
- In place of chips or crackers (great for dipping)
- As an on-the-go snack
- As a healthy, high-fat snack for kids! (Although you might not want to share…)
Keto Taco Bowls Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup olive oil (we recommend FBOMB Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 bag (1.75-ounce) Chili Lime KetoLogic Keto Crisps, lightly crushed
- Sliced jalapeños (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef in olive oil.
- Add all seasonings from chili powder through black pepper. Stir.
- Add ¾ cup water. Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
- Add chopped scallions. Stir another minute then remove from heat.
- To serve, scoop 4 ounces ground beef mixture into bowl. Top with sour cream, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, and crushed Keto Crisps.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4