Halibut is a firm, white, and mild-flavored fish. The crispy Parmesan crust complements the texture and flavor of halibut perfectly, giving you a delicious low-carb dish. Other good fish options for this recipe include flounder, turbot, striped bass, haddock, and cod, so you can make this keto-friendly meal your way.
This recipe is: keto-friendly, low-carb, no added sugar
Not losing weight? Check out our 5 Ways to Break a Weight Loss Plateau.
- 1-2 pounds halibut (about 6 filets)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together all ingredients except for the halibut (this can be done by hand or in a mixer).
- Pat halibut dry with a paper towel and lay each piece onto a sprayed/greased baking sheet. Divide the Parmesan butter into the number of pieces of fish that you have and flatten it out so that it covers the top of the fish.
- Cook the fish for 10-12 minutes (rotate the pan halfway through). It should be almost done. Turn the broiler on high for 2-3 minutes until the top is golden brown. The fish should be flaky when tested with a fork.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6