What's one of the best things about the increasing popularity of the keto diet?
More companies are churning out their own brands of keto ice cream.
As delicious as these low-carb treats are, though, keto ice cream is anything but cheap. There isn’t enough competition to drive prices down, which is why most grocery store options cost between $6 and $10 per pint (twice the cost of regular ice cream).
Suffice it to say, if you want low-carb ice cream, you'll have to pay for it.
Or will you?
This raspberry vanilla keto ice cream might just be the perfect way to get your ice cream fix without breaking the budget.
Plus, it uses fresh fruit, healthy fats, coconut milk, and our MCT-based keto meal replacement.
No added chemicals or difficult-to-pronounce ingredients—which isn't the case for most over-priced grocery store options.
- Fresh raspberries
- Vanilla KetoLogic KetoMeal
- KetoLogic Erythritol
- Heavy cream
- Coconut milk
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
Healthy Ingredients in this Keto Ice Cream RecipeNot many ice cream recipes can say they contain healthy fats, MCT oil, and antioxidants—but this one can. Check out what the ingredients in this recipe can offer you!
- Vanilla KetoLogic KetoMeal and coconut milk are loaded with MCT oil. Medium-chain triglycerides are shorter fatty acids that provide immediate fuel for our brain, and have been shown to help you get into ketosis and even lose weight !
- KetoLogic Erythritol is a natural low-carb sweetener with zero calories. It adds sweetness to this ice cream recipe without any blood sugar or insulin spikes at all !
- Heavy cream contains at least some of nearly every essential vitamin, and more than 7 essential minerals .
- Vanilla extract has anti-inflammatory properties, and has been shown to promote nervous system health .
Try and find that in the freezer section!
Ingredient Spotlight: Raspberries
Like most berries, raspberries are in season for 3 to 4 months each year, from July to October.
And after you see how healthy raspberries are, you might be stocking up to get your fix during these months going forward.
Health BenefitsOne cup of raspberries is :
- Low in net carbs (6.7g)
- Loaded with fiber, which is a powerful nutrient for keeping you full when you're trying to lose weight (8g per cup)
- Only 64 calories
- Packed with vitamins C and K
- Packed with 8 essential minerals, especially manganese
Tips for Selecting RaspberriesKeep these tips in mind when buying raspberries:
- Don't buy damaged fruit: Out of all the berries, raspberries are probably the most fragile. They can easily get squished or destroyed if they weren't handled properly before they hit the store floor. Simply put: don't buy berries that aren't in pristine condition.
- Look at all the fruit: Following that first tip, look closely at all the berries. They're usually sold in plastic containers that can hide inferior or damaged fruit in the middle. Turn the container over to check the ones on the bottom. Keep an eye out for any that have mold on them.
- Plump, firm, and red: These three words accurately nail what you should be looking for. If the raspberries look dried out, mushed, or aren't the luscious red color you've seen before, skip them. Over-ripe berries will be soft and falling apart.
Other Keto Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
Raspberry Vanilla Cheesecake Keto Ice Cream Recipe
- 1½ cup raspberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 scoop vanilla KetoLogic KetoMeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup KetoLogic Erythritol
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, add heavy cream, coconut milk, and cream cheese
- Mix with electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Add KetoLogic KetoMeal, vanilla extract, erythritol, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix for another minute.
- Add in fresh raspberries and mix again.
- Pour into freezer-friendly container and put in freezer for at least four hours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Yield: 8