Low Carb Shake Buy Now
This easy recipe is a perfect substitute for mashed potatoes that pairs well as a side with any protein, especially steak. The results yield a nearly perfect ratio of fats to carbohydrates and protein.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put the cauliflower in a large pot of salted water and boil for about 8 minutes until it is tender. Strain the cauliflower through a colander and lay it evenly on a sheet pan. Put in the oven for about 5 minutes to dry it out.
- Heat the butter and heavy cream to a light simmer until hot and melted. Put the cauliflower, butter/cream mixture, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through until hot. Mix in the sliced chives if desired.
- Yield: 4