30 Days to a Better You
Recipe by Brandon McDearis
Halibut is a firm, white, and mild-flavored fish. The crispy Parmesan crust complements the texture and flavor of halibut perfectly. Other good fish options for this recipe include flounder, turbot, striped bass, haddock, and cod.
- 1-2 pounds halibut (about 6 filets)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Note: It is always preferential to use grass-fed dairy products, as well as Himalayan salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together all ingredients except for the halibut (this can be done by hand or in a mixer).
- Pat halibut dry with a paper towel and lay each piece onto a sprayed/greased baking sheet. Divide the Parmesan butter into the number of pieces of fish that you have and flatten it out so that it covers the top of the fish.
- Cook the fish for 10-12 minutes (rotate the pan halfway through). It should be almost done. Turn the broiler on high for 2-3 minutes until the top is golden brown. The fish should be flaky when tested with a fork.
- Yield: 6