“Au Gratin” (pronounced oh-GRAH-tan) is a fancy way to describe a baked dish that’s smothered in cheese and breadcrumbs. Our keto-friendly version is also made with lots of gooey cheese, but instead of breadcrumbs, we use crushed pork rinds. This gives you a crispier and tastier topping without any carbs. Definitely something you can be thankful for at your Thanksgiving dinner.
This recipe is: keto-friendly, low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, no added sugar
Looking to jumpstart your morning? Try our KetoLogic Coffee Creamer!
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 ounces crushed pork rinds*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the ends off the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half length-wise. In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, butter, garlic, onion powder, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread the bacon on a sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes. Pour the Brussels sprouts evenly onto the pan and bake until they begin to caramelize and the bacon gets crisp (about 10 to 15 minutes; more time may be required depending on your oven).
- Remove the pan from the oven and put the Brussels sprouts back into a bowl. Add the heavy cream and half of each cheese (Gruyere and Parmesan).
- Pour the mixture into a greased/sprayed baking dish and sprinkle the rest of both cheeses and the crushed pork rinds evenly on top.
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees and bake for about 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8