This recipe is a different take on the classic omelet. Instead of sautéing the greens, blend them with the eggs to get a green consistency throughout. The texture of the omelet is slightly different, but in a good way. Plus, the nutrients in the vegetables hold up better when cooked this way, as they are not destroyed by the direct heat of the pan.
Prepare this keto-friendly meal any time of the day to get a healthy serving of greens. The recipe makes one large serving, but it can easily be split into two.
This recipe is:
Ingredients you'll need include:
- Olive Oil
- Feta or Goat Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup chopped kale, stems removed
- ½ cup spinach
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bacon, already cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon feta or goat cheese
- In a blender, combine eggs, kale, spinach, salt, pepper and garlic powder; blend until smooth.
- In an omelet pan, heat the oil and butter at medium heat. Once the oil/butter are hot, add the egg and leafy green vegetable mixture, along with the chopped bacon. Cook the eggs as you would with scrambled eggs until it begins to set.
- Flip omelet to cook through on the other side.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and fold the omelet in half. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1