Okay, so brisket is delicious, and can be the perfect, healthy, satiating comfort food for those fall evenings…
But wow, does it ever take long to make.
This keto Instant Pot brisket recipe is tender, hearty, and filling. Best of all, it only takes 2 hours using an Instant Pot. Most brisket recipes take 4-6 hours and we’ve cut that time in half… while keeping it keto.
Perfect for your low-carb Sunday dinners, holiday gatherings, or as a weeknight meal.
This recipe is:
Ingredients you need:
- Beef Brisket
- Dried Oregano
- Olive Oil
- Bay Leaves
- Canned Peeled Plum Tomatoes
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Yellow Onion
- Sour Cream
- Chicken Stock
Why You Should Incorporate More Beef Into Your Keto Diet
After some bad press from documentaries like What the Health, meat was under fire and animal products began disappearing from the shopping lists of many families across North America.
But research (and of course, the media, looking for anything controversial to publish) is being floated to the top of the pile that suggests that might not be the best choice.
In fact, red meat has been unfairly accused of causing cancers and “clogging arteries.” But if you take a look at its nutritional profile, it has a lot going for it. Beef alone is:
- High in bioavailable protein
- An excellent source of vitamins
- High in crucial minerals such as iron.
The shining star of beef is that it contains B vitamins such as Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B6.
Vitamin B12 (also called cobalamin) is crucial for your cellular health, and assists in the formation of red blood cells. It also plays a crucial role in brain health and a deficiency in this vitamin can result in permanent brain damage. Just 100g of beef brisket contains 40% of your recommended daily intake of this nutrient.
Vitamin B6 is important for mood regulation  because it aids in the production of many mood-inducing hormones such as dopamine and serotonin. 100g of beef brisket contains 20% of your recommended daily intake of this nutrient.
And the picture gets even better if you choose a grass-fed or finished cut of meat.
How to Serve this Beef Keto Brisket Recipe
Beef brisket is great in anything that you’d normally use pulled beef or pork for. That means it’s a winner in dips, casseroles, and chilis.
ALSO TRY: Keto Beef Taco Salad
But you’ll want to try this on its own with some sides, so you don’t mask its tender, delicious flavor and texture.
- 3 pounds Beef Brisket
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 can (28 oz) Peeled Plum Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Stock or Water
- 2 Yellow Onions, chopped
- Chopped Cilantro (garnish)
- Sour Cream (garnish)
- Place the beef on a board and lightly score one side. Cut in half so it will fit neatly in Instant Pot.
- In a bowl, mix cinnamon, black pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano and salt. Rub it all over the beef and press into the cuts on the meat. You can leave it covered like this in refrigerator overnight, or proceed to next step.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE and add olive oil. When hot, sear each side of the Brisket for 3-5 minutes. Set cooked brisket aside.
- Saute in order for a few minutes each: garlic, onions, peppers. Be sure to scrape any bits from bottom of pot during this stage. Cook together for 5-8 minutes and press STOP on the Instant Pot.
- Place the bay leaves, beef stock, plum tomatoes and seared brisket into Instant Pot.
- Cover, lock the lid, and flip the steam release nozzle to the sealing position. Select MANUAL with a cook time of 70 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, press CANCEL and quick release the pressure.
- Transfer brisket from Instant Pot to a large plate. Using 2 forks, gently shred.
- Place shredded brisket back to pot and select SLOW COOK for 30 minutes to reduce moisture. Stir from bottom of pot. When finished, you can select KEEP WARM until you are ready to serve, or continue cooking on slow cook until it reaches desired consistency.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Yield: 12