Are they a dessert? A snack? Or are they just what's for breakfast?
That's what you'll be asking yourself after you try these keto lemon bars.
They're tangy, tart, slightly sweet, and delicious—and with less than 3g net carbs per serving, they're the perfect treat for anytime of day when you're on a low-carb diet like keto.
It might surprise you that a dessert like this is so low in carbs. But these lemon bars are nothing like traditional recipes.
You'll find out below how one key ingredient makes all the difference.
And best of all, they take less than an hour to make, start to finish. We know you're going to love them!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Grass-fed butter
- Almond flour
- KetoLogic Erythritol
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
How This Low-Carb Recipe Compares to a Traditional Recipe
There's one thing that really sets these keto lemon bars apart from most traditional recipes:
They use almond flour, not regular flour.
Now you might be asking yourself: can one ingredient really make that much of a difference? The answer is you bet.
- 100g of almond flour has 12g of carbs, whereas traditional flour has 76g.
- 100g of almond flour has fewer than half the calories of traditional flour.
- Almond flour has a glycemic load of 0, meaning it won't affect or spike your blood sugar, whereas regular flour has a glycemic load of 54 (non-keto dieters aim for 100/day or less).
Pretty stark difference, right?
You're taking out all the unhealthy stuff and replacing it with wholesome, high-fat goodness that makes these treats both satisfying and good for you.
Ingredient Spotlight: Lemons
All of us have heard the old story about how citrus fruits like lemons apparently saved sailors from getting scurvy on long boat rides across the ocean. But what else can we say about the benefits of fresh lemons?
Actually, we can say a lot. Check out all these health benefits:
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C (citric acid) which is good for immune health (and, it turns out, preventing scurvy) .
- Lemons contain tons of polyphenols, a powerful antioxidant that helps ward off oxidative stress, lowers blood pressure, and regulates the metabolism .
- Lemons have a natural anti-aging effect, and can also help reduce fatigue .
Other Keto Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Lemon Bars Recipe
- 8 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
- 1¾ cups almond flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup KetoLogic Erythritol
- Juice from 3 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter, almond flour, salt, and erythritol. Mix well.
- Pour into baking pan and bake 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the filling onto the crust. Bake for another 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into 8 equal pieces.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8